Tuesday, March 11, 2008

eBay addict

I've written about this before and I'm writing about it again.
Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you "if you want to know something eBay ask Eyal".
Since I started on eBay I cannot stop. It's not just about the buying its about the shopping, its about the hunt to get the best deal. Once I start, I'm like a pit-bull to get the right deal. Brick and mortar shopping is fun too, don't get me wrong, when it comes to shopping, I'm not your typical guy, I love it. Anyway getting back to eBay, once I find what I want I check to see if someone else is selling it cheaper, then I check to see what the item has sold for in the past. I also check outside of eBay, just because it's on eBay does not make it the the best deal. I always check retail store websites. EBay has a problem controlling their vendors shipping costs. For example a you can win an auction for a DVD that cost $2 and shipping is $19.99, and when that little brown envelope shows up at your house, it has a postage stamp of $1.78. These crooked eBay vendors always manage to sell to the unsuspecting eBay newbies.
Hey eBay, I have an idea for ya; create an eBay section where shipping is free (or really included) so the buyers know exactly what they are going to pay, or an eBay section where its honest shipping fees. I know that the eBay buying public would flock to it and eBay would collect more commission from the vendors who are selling item at 19.99 and $2 shipping than from vendors who are selling items for $2 and charging $19.99 shipping and, more importantly, that would help shut down the shipping scammers out there. I know its a great and when you see eBay doing, just remember; you heard it hear first!

No comments: